Hi, I’m a research scientist at Simula Research Laboratory in Oslo, Norway. My current topic are self-supervised neuro-symbolic solvers for constraint satisfaction in collaboration with the University of Bonn, Germany, under the AutoCSP project funded by the Norwegian Research Council.
Previously, I was a PhD Student at University of Oslo and Simula within the Certus Centre for Software Validation and Verification (Certus SFI) under the supervision of Arnaud Gotlieb, Magne Jørgensen and Morten Mossige.
I’m interested in the integration of Machine Learning and symbolic AI methods, such as Constraint Programming. I’m further interested in applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, especially in the domain of Software Testing.
- [Conference] Spieker, H. (2021). Constraint-Guided Reinforcement Learning: Augmenting the Agent-Environment-Interaction. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). arXiv
- [Journal] Gotlieb, A., Marijan, D., Spieker, H. (2020). ITE: A Lightweight Implementation of Stratified Reasoning for Constructive Logical Operators. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools. Vol. 29, No. 03n04. DOI: 10.1142/S0218213020600064 arXiv
- [Conference] Spieker, H., Gotlieb, A. (2020). Learning Objective Boundaries for Constraint Optimization Problems. Machine Learning, Optimization, and Data Science. LOD 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12566. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-64580-9_33 arXiv
- [Workshop] Ahuja, M.K., Belaid, M.B., Bernabe, P., Collet, M., Gotlieb, A., Lal, C., Marijan, D., Sen, S., Sharif, A., Spieker, H. (2020). Opening the Software Engineering Toolbox for the Assessment of Trustworthy AI. In 1st International Workshop on New Foundations for Human-Centered AI @ ECAI 2020. arXiv PDF
- [Journal] Spieker, H., Gotlieb, A. (2020). Adaptive Metamorphic Testing with Contextual Bandits. Journal of Systems and Software. DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2020.110574 arXiv
- [Conference] Spieker, H., Gotlieb, A., & Mossige, M. (2019). Rotational Diversity in Multi-Cycle Assignment Problems. In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 33(01), pp. 7724-7731. DOI: 10.1609/aaai.v33i01.33017724 PDF arXiv
- [Conference] Gotlieb, A., Marijan, D., & Spieker, H. (2018). Stratified Constructive Disjunction and Negation in Constraint Programming. In International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence. DOI: 10.1109/ICTAI.2018.00026 PDF arXiv
- [Workshop] Spieker, H., & Gotlieb, A. (2018). Towards Hybrid Constraint Solving with Reinforcement Learning and Constraint-Based Local Search. In Data Science meets Optimization Workshop at Federated Artificial Intelligence Meeting. PDF
- [Conference] Mossige, M., Gotlieb, A., Spieker, H., Meling, H., & Carlsson, M. (2017). Time-Aware Test Case Execution Scheduling for Cyber-Physical Systems. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (Vol. 10416, pp. 386–404). DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66158-2_25 PDF arXiv
- [Conference] Spieker, H., Gotlieb, A., Marijan, D., & Mossige, M. (2017). Reinforcement Learning for Automatic Test Case Prioritization and Selection in Continuous Integration. In Proceedings of 26th International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA’17) (pp. 12–22). DOI: 10.1145/3092703.3092709 PDF arXiv
- [Journal] Spieker, H., Hagg, A., Gaier, A., Meilinger, S., & Asteroth, A. (2017). Multi-stage evolution of single- and multi-objective MCLP: Successive placement of charging stations. Soft Computing (Vol. 21, Issue 17, pp. 4859-4872). DOI: 10.1007/s00500-016-2374-9 PDF
- [Conference] Spieker, H., Hagg, A., Asteroth, A., Meilinger, S., Jacobs, V., & Oslislo, A. (2015). Successive evolution of charging station placement. In 2015 International Symposium on Innovations in Intelligent SysTems and Applications (INISTA). DOI: 10.1109/INISTA.2015.7276733 PDF
I am proud to be or have been a program committee member and reviewer of
2019 IEEE AI Testing 2019.
I am a member of the associate editorial board of Applied AI Letters.
It was a great pleasure to have been a co-organizer of the NordConsNet Workshop 2019.
If you want to check out what other great people (and especially bachelor and master students in Germany) are doing, check out the: German InformatiCup. I’m helping out in the jury, but the impressive results stem from the student groups!
Please feel free to contact me by using the contact information in the sidebar. You can also find more information on my Simula Homepage.